Retreat

I recently got back from a trip that was pretty much amazing! A group from the states came and put us up in a really nice hotel. We got to have some quality fellowship with some wonderful ladies and make some fun crafts. To get there, however, we took a 12 hour overnight train ride. It was, indeed, my first overnighter on the train and it was quite interesting. We got on around 4 pm and got to our destination around 4 am the next day. It was almost a scene from a scary movie... we arrived at this dark train station and walked out to basically a trash dump where giant mating pigs were doing their thing...the dogs were barking, the rickshaw drivers had just woken up as we approached them. Then they took us through this winding road up into the woods.



We then arrived at a beautiful resort where I couldn't even believe I was still in S. Asia. Later that afternoon, after getting some sleep, I walked down to the lobby and my lovely friend (who I went to school with) who I haven't seen in a year or so was standing there! It was a great surprise and so much fun to get to hang out with her! It was also nice to be able to wear "normal" clothes, keep the water running the whole time while in the shower, and go swimming (the pool had water slides)! The trip was truly a blessing.


posted under |
Newer Post Older Post Home

Recent Comments