Fresh Coconut Juice

I have been very fortunate in that I haven't gotten sick the month I have been here. However, the day has finally arrived. A coconut walla (salesman) comes up and down our street everyday, and my roommate has been wanting to try it out for awhile now. Wednesday, she decided to get us all some coconut juice. The concept is cool, in that the walla chops the top of the coconut off and you have "fresh" coconut juice. Well, I took one sip and spit it out...not too tasty. The next day, we all were not feeling too well, with me feeling like I'm dying and not being able to move. For a more exciting story, we'll say it was the coconut juice, but it could have been from eating at our landlord's house for dinner... either way, it has been an unpleasant couple of days. Hopefully, tomorrow will be better.

posted under |
Newer Post Older Post Home

Recent Comments