Animals have the right of way...


Well, I'm finally in my new city! I've had an exciting, non-stop first week. I started language lessons on Tuesday, so it's been good to be able to talk to people some...they laugh at me a lot, but I laugh at myself, so it's all good. Today was a fun day... we went to a Wilfdlife Park and saw some neat animals, birds, and such. Then, on the way home, we got to see/touch an elephant and I got some good pictures of it (for those of you who know about the tragedy of the loss of the other elephant picture, then you know that this made my day..ha). We also saw several groups of people making pilgrimages on the way home...this made for an odd sight, when in one of the groups all the men weren't wearing any clothes...I've only been here three weeks, and already nothing really surprises me anymore...but such is life here!

posted under |
Newer Post Older Post Home

Recent Comments