I have to go now...

This culture is all about the arranging of marriages. The other day I met a couple girls and we exchanged phone numbers. Upon writing down her number, she started talking to her friend in the native language, and I know enough now, that I can understand quite a bit. I heard her say the word "brother" and I was like "oh no." Later that night I got a lovely phone call from their mother. She asks me about meeting her daughter and sounds very nice. She begins asking me some questions and if I could meet her the next day. Well, it took a couple of minutes before I realized that she was literally interrogating me to see if I would be a suitable mate for her son. When she said the following lines, I realized where the conversation was heading...
"Oh, you have such lovely speaking voice," "How is your health, are you in good health," "Do you like living here" and my personal favorite, "How is your sewing. Do you know how to sew?" On that note, I decided it was time to go...

posted under |
Newer Post Older Post Home

Recent Comments