Friends, Culture, and Travel
First, I've had my heart stolen... by a 9 year old... I met a family a few weeks ago and just have fallen in love with them. The family invited me to their house. We arrived around 6:30 and I asked the little boy if he went to school that day. He said no, and his mother said that they didn't know when I was going to come. He didn't want to miss me coming so he waited all day and didn't go to school! My new friend is the cutest thing ever.
Next, we went o
last week we went on a trip with one of my language teachers. She monitors two english-medium schools for low caste children. We visited the schools. The first one we came in to a parent's meeting. They brought us up on stage and greeted us with garland/leis. We also went shopping at a local artists market, and walked through a ghost village that was destroyed by an earthquake! We had a nice time.
P.S. The faces of the people here make it all worth it...