Uttarayan
Not only did my sister get to come, but my parents arrived on New Year's Eve and stayed til January 14th. I'll post photos from our many adventures later, but first I'm going to post photos from the last day they were here. They got to experience one of the best festivals of the year, Uttarayan, which is a kite festival. People start flying their kites to practice a week or more before the actual 2 days of Uttarayan. The actual 2 days are amazing! They have competitions and it's really a neat sight to see. If you have ever seen the movie, Kite Runner, it's exactly like that. Everyone tries to cut down each other's kites and whenever you get a cut, you scream and yell. At night, they attach lanterns to the kite string so all through the city you can see little lights glowing in the sky.
Day One : We spent the first day with our good friends, Abhishek and Sweeti and their family. They prepared a special kite day meal, which was quite tasty.
Day Two: Bernard and I went to his friend, Abhilash's house and then that night Anna and I went to our friend, Chaitri's house.
I was really happy my parents were able to be here for this festival. We had a lot of fun and were taught how to fly the kites. I even, made a cut, accidentally, but I did it!